7.05.2008

Signs of summer... sort of

Ah, summer, the smell of freshly mowed grass and barbecue mingling in the air, the sound of the ice cream truck being slightly muffled by the fan blowing in the window, lazy days spent in the hammock or at the beach, lush green vegetation wherever you look ... huge piles of wood to stack reminding you that summer will soon come to an end and you'll be back in the frigid tundra. Whoops, I'm sorry, did I just bring that pleasant reverie to a screeching halt? My apologies, it's just that we recently had four cords of wood delivered (by which I mean dumped in the middle of the driveway) and have been in the slow process of moving and stacking all the wood. While I would rather enjoy my summer with a nice cup of iced coffee (coconut flavored preferably) and ignore any thoughts of frigid and blustery winters that a huge amount of firewood seems to be synonymous with, I couldn't help but notice just how pretty a nicely stacked pile can be. So here's to hopes that we won't need to use any of that wood for the next five months or so!

I think thistle gets a bad rap.
Hosta or mini-artichokes, you decide!
Just one of many stacks of wood that I got to work on, nothing like moving around four cords of wood to make you realize that gym memberships are unnecessary!

No comments: