3.31.2008

French Institute and Indian Santa

The library here had huge glass windows overlooking the sea and with that beautiful view I had a bit of a hard time concentrating, oops!
It was very hard to be away from my family on Christmas, especially since we have a great deal of family traditions (like making 72 dozen Christmas cookies) so to try and cheer me up my travel companions took me to a department store where there was a Santa, however he was a little too skinny to meet my New England Christmas cravings. Later that night though, after turning out the light to get into the bed, I pranced around to make my ankle bracelets jingle and remarked to my traveling companion "hear that Ylva? there's reindeer." That along with a great deal of delicious food, and a hilarious Bollywood movie about Mother Mary were enough to make it a memorable and pleasant holiday.

No comments: