3.17.2008

La Rambla

In the bird market section of La Rambla (I think the bunnies should petition to have it named after them) stalls like this sell birds, bunnies, guinea pigs, ferrets, turtles, and frogs the same way the newspaper stands sell magazines. I think the open air must be better for them than being shut up in a pet store, but I do wonder where they go at night.
If it was up to me, this is what everyone would have found in their Easter basket. It was all I could do not to put one in each pocket and run for it!
One of the many very entertaining street performers lining the street. They were very inventive with costumes and concepts. This little elf would have to be my favorite though!
While these are fake flowers, all the real ones in the many flower stands lining La Ramba smelled amazing! The food market that opened up off the street was incredible. I think it's what heaven must look like. Piles of beautiful fruits and vegetables, cheeses, meats, wines and candies. We got a fruit smoothie and some coconut and walked down the street snacking!

No comments: